Monday, 13 June 2016

Merumaya #BeautyHasNoAge Campaign

When I was first notified of the "#BeautyHasNoAge" campaign the first quote that sprang to mind was Richelle Meads:'I'm like fine wine, I get better with age'.

The campaign strikes up the question, what is beauty? As everyone is different, the answer varies for all but the most interesting point that is raised, to me, is that there is no age cap. People don't see 'Age: 50' and think 'Nope. Past the deadline for beauty'.

Upon asking a few of my friends what made a person beautiful, to them, most replied with things not linked directly to beauty at all. The most common responses being "a nice smile", "sense of humour" and "confidence", all of which are timeless.


#BeautyHasNoAge really struck home with me, as a question I have often asked myself is whether I will let myself grow old naturally or undergo treatments to get rid of my wrinkles and other parts of me that are bound to change. Recently, I decided against it. The main reason being, when I look at someone older than me I don't think about their wrinkles, or even notice them, because growing old is natural. It happens to everyone and for this reason I am standing with the #BeautyHasNoAge campaign.

The brand is selling a limited number of the "#BeautyHasNoAge"bags* shown above on its website (here).

Merumaya sell some of the best skincare products, my favourite included in the picture above. The 'Iconic Youth Serum'* has a gel like consistency until its rubbed it when it feels like a mix of silicone and dry oil. It isn't greasy looking on the skin and can be used under make-up as well as under moisturisers. I've been using this products for a little over a month now and have noticed a 'glow' since I've started using it. The product contains hyaluronic acid which has helped to prevent spots forming on my skin which is always a problem for me during the summer, as it gets hotter and our pores get clogged. Buy here for £36.50.

SHARE:

35 comments

  1. Great review and post Talisa! Thanks for sharing!
    ♥☻♥☻♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! Those little bags are the cutest!

    Lauren | DISCO DAYDREAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Thank you for sharing this -I love to try new products!
    http://www.maggiekrol.com/
    Xoxo, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I love finding out about people's skincare products. As for aging and what makes someone beautiful... I think it's just being comfortable in your own skin. If you're happy - I believe it can absolutely make you a more beautiful person. ;) I'm not sure if I'll get botox one day - but I don't want to get rid of my laugh lines - they're a reminder of all the good times I've had. Wonderful post!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm the exact same about people's skincare products! :)

      Delete
  5. Seems optimal products for skin care.

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! ♥

    I hope you're having a lovely day so far!
    XOXO

    http://nikolaknazikova.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this review! Such a cute bag with the hashtag

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great review! Thanks for sharing it!

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful and empowering movement, one that I personally agree with as well! I feel like society is to blame for making women feel as though they're not of use or beautiful after they hit a certain age. The reason I feel this way is if someone in the entertainment industry is aging and doesn't look how society feels she should look, they feel the need to point it out EVERYWHERE! Same is true when a celebrity gains weight, and of course when people see that such influencers are being picked apart when they in fact look rather normal, we can then begin to look at ourselves as though we're lacking. Not true! Thanks so much for sharing this campaign with us and I hope you're having a wonderful week so far, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PREACH! It's like how the media started attacking Selena Gomez for getting slightly curvier, when she looked great! You're very welcome and thank you for your wonderful comment <3

      Delete
  10. Such a lovely movement! I agree with all of it! I think it's nice to watch people age gracefully as well...not mention people seem to be aging better (even naturally) than generations past. Wahoo for campaigns like this! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Thanks for sharing and keep up the fantastic posts!

    xx Ohiamiht Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post! =)

    Kisses
    Amanda Z.
    www.diariodelooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems to be a nice product and really sounds good, even though I am not a fan of convential cosmetics because of all the parabenes, mineral oils and other toxic ingredients. Plus of course the animal testing which I strongly dislike.
    Let me know if you wanna follow each other on bloglovin, or just follow me and I will follow back : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    conscious lifestyle of mine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I'm first time on your blog and I love it , it is great !

    BebaGottel
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful review! thanks for sharing
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good review. Looks like a great product :)

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah I love it.. thank you for sharing! Would love to follow each other and stay in contact, let me know! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review babe!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never heard about this product before. Love the review.

    www.deboradahl.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this post x keep it up
    http://doenax.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate and reply to all of your comments, so don't forget to check back! <3

© Talisa Talks Beauty. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig