Thursday, 21 May 2015

Bravura London Lovin'

My skin isn't the happiest bunny at the moment. The cold weather is causing my skin to breakout and be uber dry- not ideal!

When I received this package I breathed a sigh of relief- finally, some help! I started off by using the ginseng toner after removing my make-up. My everyday moisturiser is ginseng and there's something about having matching skincare that's oddly satisfying. It was gentle and carried a very light scent. 

After applying the toner I moved onto the scary bit- the acids. I received Salicylic Acid (2%) and also Lactic Acid (10%), the Salicylic Acid is far weaker than the Lactic Acid so I used it on my forehead as it would target the spots without drying out the skin too much. Next I used the Lactic Acid, this is a very drying and strong formula so I used it on my blackheads. I found the Salicylic Acid was my favourite of the two as the results were evident the next day but I think the lactic acid will take a few weeks, and treatments, to be effective.

After washing off the acid after leaving it on for about 15-20 minutes I used the Hydraluronic Acid Serum which is a gel like serum that you apply all over your skin to add moisture- this was ok. It wasn't great, it wasn't bad. 

The last step was using the moisturiser, I thought the casing was gorgeous so had high hopes but was a bit let down. I found it rather sticky.

I recommend the ginseng toner if you want a refreshing make-up removal treat and also the Salicylic acid if you have problem skin but don't want a harsh treatment. 

All products available at http://www.bravuralondon.com/
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. These products look so luxurious!

    - Liz
    www.LizLizo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you paid to review these/ got the items for free? Because this entry sounds like an advertisement. xD
    Not in a bad way, don't get me wrong. It just soudns as if you reeeeally like these products.
    Which is good, I'm just wondering. Other than that, thank you for recommending these products. :)
    letscoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Coba! I was sent these items for free BUT to mention on my twitter, not here. This was an optional review after rediscovering them after a few months- I really am this keen on them!

      Delete
  3. I love the post and I love your honesty.(in the comment above me).Because now I think all of us know how you really feel about the products.

    Namaste..!!
    Much Love from India.!!
    http://huesisee1.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the sweetest comment I've ever received! Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. Interesting products I think I could do with the salicylic acid right now!
    Thanks for reviewing :)

    The Everday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little sister tries to steal it Everytime I turn my back haha!

      Delete
  5. Great review! I'm always looking for anything that helps control my skin.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great review, these products sound really nice! I really have to check them out :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate and reply to all of your comments, so don't forget to check back! <3

© Talisa Talks Beauty. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig