Monday, 22 July 2013

Birchbox UK july 2013

Hi guys! I've missed you! I've been in paris from friday morning to monday evening with no internet and then had work experience from tues-fri then an acting workshop all of saturday then slept for the whole of sunday so have had NO time whatsoever to update you guys on the latest/best products so i'm sorry about that! Now, to the box...

Blanc cachemire face cream: Trialled this product yesterday and was left with soft, smooth, hydrated skin all day. Colour me impressed. Buy for £54.75 (here).

Chia shots: Lifestyle extra, nice idea but not sure how much use i will get out of it. Buy for £4.79 (here).

Nougat moisturising hand cream in "cherry blossom": Nice balm like texture but horrendous smell. I generally like cherry blossom but this smelt nothing like cherry blossom. Buy for £20 (here).

Noble isle "fireside" shower gel: Now, i was a little bit annoyed at seeing this in my box. I got a showergel from the same brand last month so  wasn't impressed. The point of beauty boxes is to try out new products, not try the same product (that isn't even a beauty product) but a different version of it. Boorrrring. Having said that it does smell lovely but is pretty bog standard and not worth the £20 price tag. Buy (here).

Electric hair masque: This masque left my hair feeling soft and nourished. I couldn't really smell a scent which was OK for me buy may be a problem for others. Buy for £23.50 (here).

My balm instain blush in "swish dot": I'm torn on this product. I found it really hard to work with and blend in and it's really chalky. When i took a picture i was expecting to see what i saw in the mirror in the photo but instead it left a nice flushed, air brushed, finish. [As can be seen in the photos before] I'm going to be using this for occasions when i'm aware there will be a lot of photos as it isn't great for everyday use but does photograph extremely well. Another use for it could be for stage makeup. Buy for £21.50 (here).




Overall, I am fairly pleased with this box. Seeing some other reviews i'm glad i only got one duplicate product from a previous box, one review i read had 3 duplicates!! Outrageous. Sign up for birchbox for £10 a month (here). What are your thoughts on this box?

SHARE:

71 comments

  1. Keeping the blending issues aside the blush looks fab on you! really pigmented and pretty colour.

    Sunita x
    Sunita Adores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunita! Shame it's such a pain to work with!

      Delete
  2. waaw I love the balm! Such a pretty colour, suits you very well xx

    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana! I agree, it's a gorgeous colour!

      Delete
  3. these are all so pretty! :) that color is such a gorgeous coral pink, I'm just absolutely smitten!! thanks for sharing this! :)

    XO
    Lauren

    The Perfect Pear Designs
    • Designing Pretty Blogs Since 2012 •

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute blog! This colour is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got some really different products in mine. I did get the mini blush though, which is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to get the InStain blushes, theBalm is amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never tried any of their products before!

      Delete
  7. nice post:)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg birch box has the balm, i really really wish we have it here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so much about birchbox, looks like you received tons of lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what's a birchbox? It looks cool anyways, DUDE CHIA SEEDS ARE THE BOMB! I got this brownie with them inside, they kind of feel weird at first, but it's addicting after a while. Thank you for your comment on my last blog post btw, it really made me smile :) and hey, you've got writing style too, you ain't no loser!

    http://snippitydoodah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beauty box- you pay £10 a month and you get at least 5 products to try and the products are usually worth more than the box! So exciting, it's like christmas every month!

      Delete
  11. You've got fab skin;)

    Fashion-loves-music.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this coral pink.... amazing!!!!
    Kisses doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coral is my absolute go to for blushers- coralista is my staple!

      Delete
  13. That blush looks really nice on you!

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Take a look into my blog and let me know! www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. the colour really suits you! and also, you ahve amazing skin :) xx

    http:/AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. the shade is gorgeous on you dear!

    www.roxysun.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been dying to try the instain blush too bad it's hard to work with :( The color does look gorgeous though! Following you on Bloglovin hope you can check out my blog!

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get a good enough finish it's just a bit of a pain to get there!


      Delete
  17. The shade looks perfect on you! Hopefully this'll prove just right for your skin type :)
    www.wardrobe09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw the blush looks perfect on you!

    minixxii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That blush was made just for you! It looks fantabulous on your skin. :D

    http://bluntlybeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Agreed! Just a shame about the shower gel.

      Delete
  21. Thank you for the comment!!!You are so sweet! Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  22. OHhh love the Balm! That blush is so pretty on you!

    http://linastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the different creams, but my favorite one was the peachy color blush

    melissa
    www.stylemevalentina.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the review, that blush looks so great against your skin tone, and you are so beautiful. Your skin is like, flawless!!

    BTW, you've got a great blog! Would you like to follow each other?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  25. The blush does look really pretty on you. Pity about it's chalkiness though.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like an awesome Birchbox! Are you planning on doing reviews for these products?

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but i'd happily do particular products if you're interested?

      Delete
  27. I like the blusher too, it looks lovely on you! Gorgeous shade! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. That colour is gorgeous!

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. The shade suits you well! Let me know if you want to follow each other!

    www.lalalapatricia.info

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like you've had a super busy week! These products look fab, I might have to look into getting one! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the product from theBalm!
    Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin’ and I'll follow back! Let me know when you’re done over on my blog:)x
    Teeniolect
    Teeniolect on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish it was a little easier to work with!

      Delete
  32. Ouuu nice! I've always wanted to try these subscription boxes. I might just try it out next month.. :)

    xx
    Karen, sincerelykn.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great products :)
    Follow me via GFC and Bloglovin', let me know that you did that and I follow you back! Kiss xx ♥
    IEVA | AVEILT blog

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice post!

    Marie
    www.stylelistbyme.blogspot.ru/
    www.facebook.com/StylelistByMe
    www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4063065

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate and reply to all of your comments, so don't forget to check back! <3

© Talisa Talks Beauty. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig